Starting from now, SuccessFactors limits the number of release updates to two each year. This means that there will be a lot more novelties to discover each time. We’re here to give you an overview of the most exciting features for the first half of 2020.
Introducing the new Learning Management System (LMS) admin interface
First of all, the time has finally come: SAP SuccessFactors reveals their new and improved LMS admin user interface. Are you looking forward to get a deep dive into the numerous new features? On April 29 and May 7, you can register for our 45-minute webinar and find out more about this topic. More information can be found on the event page.
Improvements in Employee Central
How does Employee Central keep up with the current business needs?
- Administrators can now import and export the Corporate Data Model themselves from the Admin Center.
- Benefit enrollments for new hires and rehired employees can now be fully automated.
- The Ask HR functionality has been improved by adding the option to create a ticket on behalf of another employee, the option to search by Ticket ID and to close a ticket using the mobile application.
- A No-Show is triggered when Onboarding for a new hire is cancelled within 30 days of the job start date. This No-Show information is now transferred to your SAP on premise and Employee Central Payroll system.
Enhancements for Time and Attendance Management
In this release, there are also Time and Attendance Management improvements for administrators and end users:
- Planned working time information is automatically replicated to Employee Central Payroll.
- Administrators can categorize external clock times as either attendance or break.
- Extra time types are added to simplify the recording of concurrent times for an employee.
- Flextime bandwidth defines the time period in which a flextime employee can record time.
- The Team Absence Calendar enables managers to view information for their indirect reports.
- Employees and their managers can request a payout for unused leave accounts via the self-service for payout functionality.
Taking the Onboarding 2.0 module to the next level
Starting from this release it will be possible to connect Onboarding 2.0 with external Human Resources Information Systems to align your employee data.
Numerous features have been added or upgraded to increase the user-friendliness of the Onboarding module. Do you want to know more about Onboarding 2.0? In a previous blog, we describe the 5 biggest benefits of a modern onboarding process.
The Performance module is becoming more future proof
The new Goal Alignment Chart replaces the Execution Map in preparation for the retirement of Flash later this year. It provides a quick and easy way to view goal accountability and to track goal progress.
In 360 Reviews (SAP Fiori version) you can now use the 360 Executive Review page to monitor form status and access 360 forms, add external users to the rater list, autosave comments, have external participants rate and comments to a 360 form, send a copy of a completed 360 form.
Continuous Performance Management has been redesigned, with some new additions like meeting notes or discussion topics (which replaces “Other topics”). A few other options are disabled, for example activity feedback, continuous feedback and achievement feedback.
Providing the right succession information to the right audience
Three major changes were added to have the right succession information available for the right people.
- You can now enable users to see all Talent Pool nominations of their direct reports in People Profile and Talent Card without being able to see all talent pools in the Talent Pools tab.
- Employees who have been nominated as successors can now be excluded from seeing themselves within a succession plan
- Users with the proper permission can now view the nomination history of nominees for a certain talent pool.
Empowering employees to take their development in their own hands
Career Explorer is a new feature where career opportunities are recommended to employees based on the career paths of people similar to them in the organization. If any of the recommended roles seem interesting, the employee can add them to the Career Worksheet to monitor if their competencies match the requirements of the target role.
As you can read, a lot of new features and a lot to discover. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need more information or support!