As the year draws to a close, it’s time to take a look at the last SAP SuccessFactors release of 2019. To sum up: the SuccessFactors HCM Suite has been transformed into the SuccessFactors HXM Suite. From now on, the employee experience takes priority, with traditional HCM serving as a foundation. Talk about a Christmas surprise!
Create smoother onboarding and offboarding processes
To kick things off: Q4 of 2019 saw the release of the long-awaited Onboarding 2.0 module. In order to simplify the user experience, this new version was drastically redesigned to make life easier for both the new hires and the HR team. To do so, Onboarding 2.0 uses a mobile-first philosophy based on the SAP UI5 framework. As a result, Onboarding 2.0 is consistent with other HXM SuccessFactors products.
The offboarding dashboard was reinvented as well, making it easier to follow up on tasks, processes, due dates and workflows. For example, you can now create a knowledge transfer plan to capture, store and share critical knowledge before the employee’s last day at the company.
The enhanced Onboarding 2.0 module’s dashboard includes:
- tasks with colour-coded tags;
- advanced data filter options;
- quick access links;
- an easy-to-use drop-down menu.
Streamline the application process through recruiting improvements
In the Recruitment module, a quick apply function was added, which captures the key information of the candidate. They can apply in a few clicks and will not have to go through an often longer and more complex application procedure.
Additionally, more filters were added to allow a more thorough search of the applicant pool. This helps recruiters and HR professionals to track down the best candidates more easily.
Boost employee retention with Compensation and Reward
It is now possible to set up points-based reward and recognition programs, allowing the HR department to leverage new partner integrations and offer expanded redemption options, such as gift cards and special experiences.
On top of that, the employee experience is also enhanced through:
- the redesigned reward and recognition homepage;
- the option to view programs in different languages;
- the accumulation of points-based rewards for redemption.
Other SAP SuccessFactors updates
- You can now set up auto-approval for any process that has not been approved by a defined date within the whole SuccessFactors HXM suite.
- Within Global Benefits you can now automate the administration of benefits for terminated employees. The module now allows you to add rules that automatically end enrolments based on multiple criteria (termination reason, benefit type and legal entity, for example).
- The embedded People Analytics solution is now widely available. It enables you to generate reports that combine data from the entire HXM SuccessFactors suite and introduces new visualisation options.
- Sorting and filtering within talent pools have been improved in Succession & Development, with simplified access to employee data for better decision-making.
- Usability of the Ask HR portal and the Tickets Overview has been enhanced. The Ticket quick view, for example, allows employees to view email channel conversations and attachments from the Ask HR portal, in combination with the ticket ID. A timeline and colour coding have also been added to simplify ticket prioritisation.
- Within Core HR, you can now report new-hire employees who do not show up for their contracted first day of employment. The ability to differentiate an employee termination from a no-show provides a more accurate view of the employee’s tenure, removing any possible mistakes in payroll or follow-up processes.
- Payroll is now available for Norway, raising the number of payroll solutions to 46 in SAP SuccessFactors.
Want to know more about the new SAP HXM SuccessFactors suite? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We can't wait to show how SAP SuccessFactors can take your HR to the next level.